North Charleston Terminal is a dedicated container terminal in the Port of Charleston, South Carolina. The terminal handles 22% of the port’s container volume. It has rail service and direct access to I-26 and I-526 interstate highways. The facility sits on 201 acres. The terminal has an alongside depth of 45 feet with 2,500 linear feet of berthing space. It can handle vessels up to 8,000 TEUs and process 500,000 TEUs per year. It has five post-Panamax cranes and 538 reefer slots. Rail services are provided by CSX and Norfolk Southern.
Address: 1000 Remount Rd North Charleston, SC 29406
- Gate Hours:
Monday-Friday 0500 – 1700
Saturday 0600 – 1700
Sunday 0800 – 1700 by appointment
- Operations Telephone: 843-579-4433
- Vessel Schedule Link
- Rail Schedule Link
- Crane Camera
- Container Availability System
- Facility Map
- FIRMS Code: L391
- Port Code: 1409
- Entrance Requirements
- Individual: The possession of a TWIC card is required for individuals who need routine access to secure/restricted areas in the course of their employment and due to the nature of their employment where TWIC escorting is not feasible.
- Vehicles: All vehicles authorized to enter SCPA Terminals must obtain official parking decals and/or parking passes before entering. Decals are required for TWIC card holders that have a need to drive their vehicle onto SCPA facilities. All SCPA issued decals should be properly displayed inside the designated vehicle on the driver’s side, directly above the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). There is an administrative fee for decals and you must show current proof of insurance, vehicle registration, drivers license and TWIC.
- South Carolina Freight Forwarder Listings
FDA Facility: Charleston Resident
600 Goer Drive, STE 106 North Charleston, SC 29406
Fax : 843-746-2994
Live Gate Camera