Hugh K. Leatherman Terminal is the first container terminal to be built in the United States in over a decade. It is a multi-phase project, with the first phase completed in 2021. It is located on the Cooper River in North Charleston and is part of the Port of Charleston, South Carolina. Phase One adds one berth with a capacity of 700,000 TEUs per year. The berth length is 1,400 linear feet, and a channel depth of 52 feet. It can accommodate 20,000 TEU vessels. It has five ship-to-shore cranes. When complete, the terminal will cover 286 acres, have three berths, and added capacity of 2.4 million TEUs.
Address: 1500 Port Access Rd., North Charleston, SC 29405
- Gate Hours:
Monday-Friday 0500 – 1700
Saturday 0600 – 1700
Sunday 0800 – 1700 by appointment
- Operations Telephone: 843-579-4433
- Vessel Schedule Link
- Rail Schedule Link
- Operator: South Carolina Ports Authority
- Crane Camera: N/A
- Container Availability System
- Facility Map
- FIRMS Code: LCT9
- Port Code: 1409
- Entrance Requirements
- Individual: The possession of a TWIC card is required for individuals who need routine access to secure/restricted areas in the course of their employment and due to the nature of their employment where TWIC escorting is not feasible.
- Vehicles: All vehicles authorized to enter SCPA Terminals must obtain official parking decals and/or parking passes before entering. Decals are required for TWIC card holders that have a need to drive their vehicle onto SCPA facilities. All SCPA issued decals should be properly displayed inside the designated vehicle on the driver’s side, directly above the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). There is an administrative fee for decals and you must show current proof of insurance, vehicle registration, drivers license and TWIC.
- South Carolina Freight Forwarder Listings
FDA Facility: Charleston Resident
600 Goer Drive, STE 106 North Charleston, SC 29406
Fax : 843-746-2994