Located at the base of Commencement Bay, the Olympic Container Terminal at the Port of Tacoma sits on the Sitcum Waterway. Known as the East Sitcum Container Terminal, the facility is designed for ocean-going vessels with a draught of 51 feet. It has over 1,000 feet of berthing space with 300 reefer outlets. The terminal can handle vessels carrying up to 5,500 TEUs.The terminal rests on 36 acres with on-dock rail services. The container terminal has three post-Panamax cranes and one Panamax crane. The facility has 50,000 square feet of breakbulk warehousing.
Address: 710 Port Of Tacoma Road Tacoma, WA, 98421
- Gate Hours: Monday – Thursday 0700-1615
- Operations Telephone: 253-779-6500
- Vessel Schedule Link
- Rail Schedule Link
- Operator: The Northwest Seaport Alliance
- Crane Camera
- Container Availability System: N/A
- Facility Map
- FIRMS Code: Y316
- Port Code: 3002
- Entrance Requirements
- Individual: Entry to restricted areas of the Port of Tacoma requires a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). The U.S. Department of Homeland Security identification program ensures that people accessing secure terminals have received a thorough background check and are not a security threat.
- Vehicles: Truckers must have an RFID tag to access the international terminals.
- Washington Freight Forwarder Listings
FDA Facility: Tacoma Resident Post
949 Market Street, Tacoma WA 98402
Tel: 253-383-5252 EXT 100