The Port of Tacoma’s North Intermodal Yard occupies 26 acres between Terminals 4 and 7. Its location allows containers to move between terminals without leaving the Port of Tacoma, eliminating the need to travel on public roads. The yard has 4.3 miles of working rail tracks and can handle up to 76 double-stack container rail cars. It operates 24/7, offering rail service by Union Pacific and Burlington Northern/Santa Fe railways. Built in the 1980s, the facility is undergoing a $500,000 project to replace railroad crossings and tracks.
Address: 1101 Port of Tacoma Rd. Tacoma, WA 98421, United States
- Gate Hours: Monday – Sunday 0700-1700
- Operations Telephone: 253-383-9433
- Vessel Schedule Link
- Rail Schedule Link
- Operator: The Northwest Seaport Alliance
- Crane Camera
- Container Availability System
- Facility Map
- FIRMS Code:
- Port Code: 3002
- Entrance Requirements
- Individual: Entry to restricted areas of the Port of Tacoma requires a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). The U.S. Department of Homeland Security identification program ensures that people accessing secure terminals have received a thorough background check and are not a security threat.
- Vehicles: Truckers must have an RFID tag to access the international terminals.
- Washington Freight Forwarder Listings
FDA Facility: Port of Tacoma
1101 Port of Tacoma Road Terminal Four Tacoma, WA 98421
Tel: (253) 627-6963
Fax : (253) 680-2852