The Newport News Marine Terminal is a container, breakbulk, and roll-on/roll-off terminal located on the James River in Virginia. It occupies 165 acres with 968,000 square feet of covered storage and 60 open acres. The terminal contains two berths for containers, four berths for breakbulk, and three berths for roll-on/roll-off cargo. Berths range from 900 to 1,200 linear feet. The alongside depth is 40 feet; however, a project is underway to dredge the channel to a depth of 55 feet. Newport News Marine Terminal is a designated port of entry with on-dock access to CSX rail services.
Address: 25Th & Warwick Blvd., Newport News, VA 23607
- Gate Hours: Mon – Fri – 7:00-11:00hrs, Noon-15:00hrs / Sat-Sun – Closed
- Operations Telephone: 757-928-1207
- Vessel Schedule Link
- Rail Schedule Link
- Operator: Newport News Marine Terminal
- Crane Camera
- Container Availability System
- Facility Map
- FIRMS Code: N778
- Port Code: 1401
- Entrance Requirements
- Individual: RFID tags are mandatory at Norfolk International Terminal and Virginia International Gateway. Drivers should not proceed to a marine terminal without securing a validated reservation within PRO-PASS. Mandatory reservation hours can be found.
- Vehicles: A TWIC without a Port ID will only be given 5 unescorted visitor passes. Access will be denied after your fifth visit without a Port ID card. There will be NO exceptions.
- Virginia Freight Forwarder Listings
FDA Facility: Portsmouth Resident Post
1040 University Blvd, Portsmouth, VA 23703
Fax : 703-538-2628
Live Gate Camera