Hyundai Merchant Marine America (HMMA) operates the Washington United Terminal (WUT) at the Port of Tacoma under a 50-year lease that began in 1999. WUT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HMMA, which services the Pacific Rim. The terminal occupies 133 acres with 2,600 linear feet of berthing space. The alongside water depth is 51 feet, and the terminal has 884 reefer outlets. The facility offers maintenance and repair services along with on-dock rail access with a 52-railcar capacity. The terminal can handle 18,000 TEU vessels with four post-Panamax and two super post-Panamax cranes. The port is located close to the I-5 corridor and the I-90 interstate.
Address: 1815 Port of Tacoma Rd, Tacoma, WA 98421, United States
- Gate Hours: https://www.nwseaportalliance.com/cargo-operations/terminals/gate-schedules
- Operations Telephone: 1-972-501-1100
- Vessel Schedule Link
- Rail Schedule Link
- Operator: The Northwest Seaport Alliance
- Crane Camera
- Container Availability System
- Facility Map
- FIRMS Code:
- Port Code: 3002
- Entrance Requirements
- Individual: Entry to restricted areas of the Port of Tacoma requires a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). The U.S. Department of Homeland Security identification program ensures that people accessing secure terminals have received a thorough background check and are not a security threat.
- Vehicles: Truckers must have an RFID tag to access the international terminals.
- Washington Freight Forwarder Listings
FDA Facility: Port of Tacoma
1101 Port of Tacoma Road Terminal Four Tacoma, WA 98421
Tel: (253) 627-6963
Fax : (253) 680-2852