The Port of Tacoma’s South Intermodal Yard is located adjacent to Terminal 7. Union Pacific Railroad services the intermodal yard. The yard has four ramp tracks with a length of 8,645 feet and seven interchange tracks with a length of 8,662 feet. It encompasses 25 acres and operates 24/7. The facility’s ramp tracks have 30 double-stack container rail cars and 37 double-stack rail cars on interchange tracks. The average truck turnaround time is less than ten minutes. The yard is also referred to as the TacSim.
Address: 1738 Milwaukee Way Tacoma, WA 98421
- Gate Hours: 7 Days, 24 Hours
- Operations Telephone: 800-877-5123
- Vessel Schedule Link
- Rail Schedule Link
- Operator: Pacific Rail Services
- Crane Camera
- Container Availability System: N/A
- Facility Map: N/A
- FIRMS Code:
- Port Code: 3002
- Entrance Requirements
- Individual: A Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) is required for all Port employees, terminal operators, longshore workers, truckers and others who require regular, unescorted access to Northwest Seaport Alliance restricted areas (i.e. marine terminals) and vessels. To access restricted Port-operated facilities, non-TWIC holders must be accompanied by a person who has been issued a TWIC and trained as an escort. Leased NWSA terminals have their own access guidelines.
- Vehicles: We work to keep truck drivers and dispatchers informed of upcoming construction work, terminal holiday schedules and other issues that may impact access to our terminals.
- Washington Freight Forwarder Listings
FDA Facility: Tacoma Resident
949 Market ST Tacoma WA 98402
Fax: Fax: 253-383-5858