The Port of Tacoma’s South Intermodal Yard (TacSim) is located adjacent to Terminal 7. Union Pacific Railroad services the intermodal yard. It has four ramp tracks with a length of 8,645 feet and seven interchange tracks with a length of 8,662 feet. The ramp tracks have 37 double-stack rail cars and 30 double-stack container cars. The facility rests on 25 acres and operates 24/7. The average turnaround truck time is under ten minutes. The yard recently purchased six electric cargo trucks to help reduce the carbon footprint of the facility. TacSim has direct connection to multi-car freight trains heading toward the Midwest.
Address: 1101 Port of Tacoma Rd. Tacoma, WA 98421, United States
- Gate Hours: Monday – Sunday 0700-1700
- Operations Telephone: 402-544-5034
- Vessel Schedule Link
- Rail Schedule Link
- Operator: The Northwest Seaport Alliance
- Crane Camera
- Container Availability System
- Facility Map
- FIRMS Code:
- Port Code: 3002
- Entrance Requirements
- Individual: Entry to restricted areas of the Port of Tacoma requires a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). The U.S. Department of Homeland Security identification program ensures that people accessing secure terminals have received a thorough background check and are not a security threat.
- Vehicles: Truckers must have an RFID tag to access the international terminals.
FDA Facility: Port of Tacoma
1101 Port of Tacoma Road Terminal Four Tacoma, WA 98421
Tel: (253) 627-6963
Fax : (253) 680-2852